The trials of being a stay at home mom and crafting

Monday, October 26, 2009

It feels like fall

This is going to be a very picture intense post. Things have been busy. Cody started Chess after school at the public Library on Monday and Tuesdays. It's a battle every morning to get Brock to go to school. He's only in 1st grade and he is already difficult. When will it stop?

This isn't the best picture in the bunch but it shows both of the boys' pumpkins. Brock's is the ghost with the headstone and Cody's is the other ghost. Cody did his all by his self and is mighty proud of it. We carved them Saturday night and Sunday morning Brock woke me to ask if we can light them. He's so impatient sometimes.

This bush is up by our house and every fall it turns a reddish-pink color. Hubby took this picture the other day because the color was so much more vivid than previous years. I love this bush and want to get pictures of the boys by it before all the leaves fall off. The trees have all finally turned colors and it is so pretty.

Cody's modeling this Chevron scarf because it is for his teacher. He picked the color because it's his teacher's favorite color. I loved the way it turned out. I hope she likes it. I am making the Old Shale Scarf for Brock's teacher but it isn't done yet. Soon though. I would like to finish several things for my nieces and nephews first.

I made this for myself of course. It's the Love Bites scarf. The yarn is the Twilight colorway and I plan on wearing it next month to see the New Moon movie. Hubby and I and a close couple of ours already have a no kid date night planned. Dinner then the movie. It will be the first time in over a year going out without the kids. Can't wait! Then the same friend, she wants to take her daughter to see it, so we will take the older kids after we see it first.

This is for my niece for Christmas. The Swing Thing. I started with the second increase as my cast on, thanks to some fellow Ravelers who recommended it. I then felted it because it was way to big. It will be a nice coat for Spring and Fall. I hope she likes it. I made the 2-3 year old size and like I said was way to big. Now I think it will fit her this Spring. I have one more of these to make for my other baby niece. It only took about 4 days to make so hopefully I'll start it soon.
I have a lot of projects that need to get done. I want something handmade for all my nieces and nephews and time is running out. I hope I can make my deadline.
All the patterns I've done are on my projects page. I didn't feel like linking today. I have things to sew for my dad and knitting to do before Christmas. So happy knitting!




No comments: