The trials of being a stay at home mom and crafting

Monday, July 27, 2009

So Long

Boy, it's been a while since I last posted. So far this summer has been about lace for me. I don't know why, but it seems like every new year I start out knitting lace. Well this year it has stayed with me.


MiaBella I love. This shawl I knit with Malabrigo lace and have to say I am in love. This is the first time I've knit with this yarn and I won't quit either. It's so soft and yummy. The color in watergreen (I believe). I still have 1 skein left and am not sure what to do with it yet.






This last shawl is Spring Swirl Surprise. I knit it with Knit Pick Bare lace weight. I love this shawl. First time making a circle one. I think if I ever what to tackle this shawl again I am going to use worsted weight yarn and make a blanket. I love it that much. The edging took forever but it was well worth it.
On the home front, the garden is starting to come in. The green beans are unbelievable. I've frozen 10 bags of them so far. Good eat come winter. I have to register the boys for school next week. I can't wait. They are driving me nuts. The constant fighting is getting really old. Hubby is still working. He called me Friday afternoon to see if anything was going on this week because they wanted him to go to Wisconsin to check out a machine that is being built. So he will be home some time Wednesday night or Thursday morning.
That's about it. I need to go and work on the Victorian Romance shawl from Goddess Knits. It's okay. Maybe when it's done and blocked I'd fell better about it.

No comments: