The trials of being a stay at home mom and crafting

Thursday, May 21, 2009

May Phat Fiber Box

Can you say yarnie goodness. I love this box. This is the first box that has had more yarn in it than the last 2 months before. I can't believe what I got. Love all of it and can't be happier.
With this being the 3rd box I've gotten I still am not sure what to do with the samples. I may try making a sampler blanket with all the samples. I know the yarns are different weights but I think I could make small and big blocks and strategically place them. I will try to continue to get a box every month. They sell out in about 30 seconds and I can't believe how lucky and grateful I've been to receive one.

On the home front, school is starting to come to an end. With all the snow days they don't get out until June 10th. Today Brock goes on a field trip, which is the first time he has ever ridden in a big bus. He is very excited. Yesterday I went to pick the kids up from school and the librarian was sitting on the roof of the school reading books to the kids because they reached their 3,500th book. The competition was the principal (3,000 books) would kiss a pig which she did last month. Great motivation for the kids I think. Our school is K-12th grade with maybe 400 kids so for the younger classes to read that many books is a great accomplishment.

We (hubby and I) have been busy planting the garden and just loving the time together with the kids still in school. We know it is coming to an end but I really can't wait for summer vacation. We still haven't heard if he is getting layed off. June 1st-15th is the time frame. Of course they are waiting til the last minute. A couple of the bosses are going to try and keep him because they think he is awesome. That is really nice to hear.

Time to get ready for school. A girlfriend and I walk the kids to school and then we walk for about an hour everyday. Time to start losing the weight that the kids put on me when I was pregnant.

No comments: