The trials of being a stay at home mom and crafting

Thursday, June 7, 2012

WOW: The time has gotten away.

Let see, we now have a 9 year old in a few days, and in the next couple of months a teenager!  I have been knitting up a storm.  I've been doing several test knits and am really enjoying them. 

I have been bitten by the Wollmeise bug since March, and have acquired quite a few skeins.  They seem to be my favorites so far and am totally addicted to the grab bags. 

I have finished several shawls over the last 2 years:

The Maia shawl (crocheted).  I love this shawl and was fun to crochet.  This was made with JaggerSpun in Mushroom

 

Then I was finally bitten by the Swallowtail Shawl.  This was in my queue for so long, I had to cast on.  I did extra repeats of the lace before doing the border.  This was made with Misti Alpaca that I bought ages ago.
 Lastly, this is the La Crochetta, that was a test knit for the wonderful Simone.  My first ever finished project using Wollmeise in Madame Souris.  A mixture of knit and crochet.  I am working on another pattern for her now.  She makes so wonderful stuff!
One last bit, hubby and I will be heading for Vegas in November.  Our first time ever going.  We are going with a bunch of my family to watch my brother and aunt run in a marathon.  I can't wait.  This will be our first vacation alone since having children.  I hope we win big!

I hope to have my Nuvem done before Vegas.  I am using Wollmeise Blau Tinte and am loving it so far.  It has been put on the back burner in order to finish several other things.  I'll be picking it back up in the next month or two.  It has to be done before November!

1 comment:

Lita said...

So nice to have a trip to look forward to. I'm sure you deserve it after all you do for your family. Don't forget your handwork. ;)

http://www.empowernetwork.com/dobeheard